Saturday, August 2, 2014

#31DaysofBacktoSchool Back to School Resolution




If we are to be honest with ourselves, many of us spend the days leading up to January 1st toiling over our New Year's resolutions! I can't be the only one who thinks of all the things that I didn't get right in the passing year with the hopes of doing better this next time around. 

I know some people aren't big on resolutions and I can admit that from time to time they can get a little cheesy, but there is one thing that I do love about resolutions and that is their ability to help us set a goal. When you are on a mission there is nothing better than having a goal in mind. 

So this school year I decided that I would come up with my own Back to School Resolution! I wanted to help myself continue to become a better teacher and if you are reading this then I know that you want to become a better teacher too. 

So here is my New School Year Resolution:

Greater Follow Through! Sometimes I dream of amazing projects but after I get them started I don’t complete them with the same intensity that I began them with. I want this to change! I plan to reach this goal by increasing my planning time for projects. I feel that I spend a good amount of time each week on planning for my day to day activities but I need to increase the time I spend planning projects.

 I have been teaching for eight years and sometimes I think the longer we’ve taught the more we think we have it all down. I tend to rely on some of the projects that I have done in the past and don’t always push myself to be more creative for new innovative projects and activities! This year I plan to change that.

In order to see that I achieve my goal I am giving myself some measurable steps.

·         Allot at least one additional hour to project planning.
·         Pick one subject each month to add in additional student project.

Just that simple! I set goals that were realistic to accomplish and easily measurable. 

So what’s your New School Year Resolution??

Leave your comments below.. I would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Mine is to not procrastinate (much). It only leads to MORE stress!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete